- Born in Livingston, Kentucky but spent most of his musical career in Southern California. Now lives in Rio Rancho, New Mexico.
- A journeyman guitarist and singer who was part of the early “country-rock” music scene during the sixties. Worked with Clarence White, Gib Gilbeau, Gene Parsons, Vern Gosdin, Glen Campbell and other influential musicians of that era.
- Has had a long relationship with famed record producer Gary Paxton.
- Played in bands such as The Four Young Men (1959-1963), The Castaways (1963-1966), The New Hollywood Argyles (1966), Nashville West (also known as The Reasons 1967), The Gosdin Brothers (1969), The Flying Burrito Brothers (1971) and several others.
- 2001, released A Treasury Of American Railroad Songs And Ballads Vol 2. album (Shiloh).
- 2003, released Walk & Talk With Jesus album (Grace Mountain), on which he played all the bluegrass instruments and sang all the vocals.