- From Belgrade, Montana.
- Formed in 1995 as “Deep River” by John Lowell and Nancy Padilla, formerly with Wheel Hoss. Lowell also worked with the Wyoming band Loose Ties.
- 1998, added Jerry Nettuno (formerly with Highstrung). Former Wheel Hoss and New Vintage banjo player Julie Elkins also joined the band.
- 1999, changed name to Kane’s River because they found that another group was performing under the name Deep River. Named after an eccentric mountain man in Montana named Kane Fisher.
- 2001, released Kane’s River album (Snake River)
- 2002, Ben Winship (formerly with Loose Ties) joined the band, replacing Jerry Nettuno.
- 2003, released Same River Twice album (Snake River)
- John Lowell continues to perform as a solo artist.