- From Charlotte, North Carolina.
- A newgrass band formed in 1999 featuring Ty Bennett (guitar) and Chris Emerson (mandolin), who also perform together in a duo called Natty Boh.
- Candlewyck is the name of the neighborhood where Bennett and Emerson grew up. They lived down the street from each other
- Bennett is a songwriter, producer and music instructor in Charlotte. Originally from Hampton, South Carolina.
- Emerson is originally from Lansing, Michigan, but has lived in NC since the early 80’s. Taught himself mandolin.
- 2001, released first album with guests Don Rigsby, John Cowan, Terry Baucom, Shawn Lane, others. A song from that album “Firemen” won an “Indy” award for best bluegrass song of the year.
- 2007, released Live at the Palmetto Theater album (Votive).
- 2014, released radio single “Play” featuring John Cowan on vocals.