ZEKE SAUNDERS (AND THE BLADES OF GRASS)
- From Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- Harold K. (“Zeke”) Saunders was a former pilot and Senior Vice President of Piedmont Airlines (now U.S. Air).
- He received the Distinguished Flying Cross medal for his service as a pilot during World War II.
- For many years, he had a radio program on the all-bluegrass station WPAQ, Mt. Airy, North Carolina.
- Between 1987-2003, recorded six albums including There’ll Be No Broken Hearts for Me (1990, Heritage).
- He died in 2014 at the age of 93.