- Originally from Western Kentucky; moved to Texas in 1983. Lives in the Dallas area.
- He is a practicing attorney, managing legal affairs for the Lamar Hunt Family (Unity Hunt, Inc.) and their affiliated entities including the Kansas City Chiefs and other professional sports franchises.
- He founded the Bluegrass Heritage Foundation which exists to preserve and advance bluegrass music worldwide.
- He co-founded the Frisco Bluegrass Festival in Frisco, Texas (with Gerald Jones).
- Plays bass, banjo and guitar.
- 2012, released solo album No Part of Nothin (no label) with guest artists Ron Stewart, Sam Bush, Randy Kohrs, Kenny & Amanda Smith and others.