SONGS FROM THE ROAD BAND
- From Asheville, North Carolina.
- A project band formed by bass player and songwriter Charles R. Humphrey III (formerly with the Steep Canyon Rangers.)
- Musicians have included Nicky Sanders (fiddle), Andy Thorn (banjo), Mark Shimick (mandolin), John Stickley (guitar), Sam Wharton (lead guitar). They are all members of other bands: The Steep Canyon Rangers, Shannan Whitworth and the Refugees, Larry Keel and Natural Bridge, The Emmitt-Nershi Band, Town Mountain, The Grit Pixies, Big Fat Gap, The Super Grit Cowboys and others.
- 2006, recorded first album Songs from the Road (Lucks Dumpy Toad Records).
- 2008, released second album As the Crow Flies (Lucks Dumpy Toad Records).
- 2015, released third album Traveling Show (Lucks Dumpy Toad Records).
- 2018, began touring together as a band with Charles Humphrey III (recently retired from the Steep Canyon Rangers), Ryan Cavanaugh (banjo), Mark Schimick (mandolin), Sam Wharton (guitar) and James Schlender (fiddle).
- 2019, released Waiting on a Ride album (Lucks Dumpy Toad).
- 2019, Cavanaugh left the band.