THE LONESOME PINE FIDDLERS
- Originally from Balsden, West Virginia (coal mining region).
- A hillbilly string band founded in 1937 by brothers Ned, Ray and Ezra Cline.
- 1942, Ned died in the Normandy Invasion (D-Day, WW II).
- 1949, Scruggs-style banjo player Larry Richardson joined the band, giving it a more bluegrass sound. Bobby Osborne was playing guitar at the time.
- 1951, Richardson and Osborne left, replaced by Paul Williams and the Goins Brothers.
- 1952-1954, recorded for RCA Victor.
- 1955, disbanded, then reunited in 1961 with the Goins Brothers, Ezra and “Curly Ray” Cline.
- 1963, disbanded for good.
- 2009, inducted into the IBMA’s Hall of Fame.
- Windy Mountain (Bear Family).
- Bluegrass Collection (Gusto).