- From Genoa, Italy. Now living in New Jersey.
- Beppe is pronounced Bay-pay.
- He was trained as a classical musician, but after hearing bluegrass, converted to flat-pick guitar.
- Europe’s original and best known bluegrass/folk guitarist; performs in the both the flatpicking and fingerpicking styles.
- He was a founding member of the Italian bluegrass and country music band Red Wine.
- Has recorded and performed with many American artists, including Norman Blake, Alan Munde, Tony Trischka and Dan Crary.
- Winner of Italy’s prestigious Paolo Nuti award, given by the Italian Federation Folkitalia in special recognition of artists who have achieved excellence in their field.
- 2001, recorded an album of guitar duets with Dan Crary, Synergia (Thunderation).
- 2013, released The American Album (Gadfly Records).