- From Detroit, Michigan.
- 1987, moved to Nashville to play fiddle with Jim and Jesse.
- 1990, played fiddle with Bill Monroe and the Blue Grass Boys. His fiddle is heard on “Cryin’ Holy Unto the Lord,” Monroe’s last studio album.
- 1993, returned to Jim and Jesse.
- 1993, released Young Opry Fiddler album (Pinecastle)
- He also worked with the Cumberland Highlanders and the Sidemen. He appeared on an album by the Sidemen Almost Live at the Station Inn (Grave Records).
- 2003, died at the age of 40 from carbon monoxide poisoning while sleeping on a converted school bus near Clarksville, Tennessee. Rosie Carter Nix, granddaughter of Johnny Cash and June Carter, also died in the accident. He was playing fiddle in her band at the time. Drug abuse was apparently a contributing factor.