THE BAD LIVERS
- Originally from Austin, Texas.
- A fusion of Tex-Mex, cajun, reggae, rock, blues, country and bluegrass. Band includes an accordion, drums and a tuba. Their music is sometimes called “bluegrass-punk” or “thrash-bluegrass.”
- Formed in 1990 by banjo/guitar player Danny Barnes, who wrote most of the band’s material. Other members: Ralph White (fiddle) and Mark Rubin (bass).
- 2001, the group disbanded.
- Dust on the Bible (Quarter Stick, 1992)
- Delusions of Banjer (Quarter Stick, 1992)
- Horses in the Mines (Quarter Stick, 1994)
- Hogs on the Highway (Sugar Hill, 1997)
- Industry & Thrift (Sugar Hill, 1998)
- Blood & Mood (Sugar Hill, 2000)