THE AUSTIN LOUNGE LIZARDS
- From Austin, Texas.
- Known as the most laughable band in bluegrass, they perform original satirical music in clubs in and around Austin. They are on the forefront of the movement to “keep Austin weird.”
- Original name: The Lounge Lizards, but discovered that the name was in use, so they added “Austin.”
- Formed in 1980 by Tom Pittman (banjo, fiddle), Hank Card (guitar) and Conrad Deisler (guitar and mandolin). Pittman retired from the band in 2011. They were joined by Darcie Deaville (2008, fiddle and mandolin) and Bruce Jones (2010, bass).
- 1983, won the Kerrville (TX) Bluegrass Festival Band Contest.
- Billboard magazine called them “hilarious, endearing and literary.”