THE SAND MOUNTAIN BOYS
- Originally from Alabama; relocated to Milton, Florida.
- Formed in 1989.
- Sand Mountain is a large plateau in northeastern Alabama.
- For years, this group wore white tuxedos decked out with rhinestones.
- Leader and banjo player Gary Waldrep previously performed with the Warrior River Boys and the gospel group, Wendy Bagwell and the Sunliters.
- 1994, released The Sand Mountain Boys album (Hay Holler).
- 1995, released No Rhyme No Reason album (Hay Holler).
- When Gary Waldrep retired, original members Wayne and Jerry Crain (father/son) relocated to Florida and changed the name of the group to Sand Mountain.
- 2000, Waldrep began touring with his own group, The Gary Waldrep Band.