- From Berkeley, California (born in Oakland).
- A banjo, guitar and Dobro™ player who was a close friend of the late Jerry Garcia (of Grateful Dead fame) and has performed in Garcia’s acoustic band. He also produced Jerry’s album “Almost Acoustic.”
- 1964, worked briefly with Bill Monroe and the Blue Grass Boys, playing banjo.
- Early 1970’s, played banjo for Earl Taylor and the Stoney Mountain Boys.
- Has also worked with Clarence White, Don Stover, Red Allen, Larry Sparks, New Riders of the Purple Sage and Country Joe McDonald.
- 1991, recorded an album of Bluegrass Guitar Duets (Sierra) with Steve Pottier, a long-time Bay-area guitarist who at the time was playing bass with High Country.
- 1993, released The Old Road to Home album (Tone Bar).