- Southern California-based band featuring Byron Berline, Dan Crary, John Moore, John Hickman and Steve Spurgin.
- Formed in 1991. They were formerly called B-C-H (Berline, Crary, Hickman). Changed name to California when Spurgin and Moore were added to the group.
- While the group was called California, John Moore was the only California native.
- 1992, 1993, won IBMA award for “Instrumental Group of the Year.”
- Broke up in 1996. Crary and Spurgin left to pursue solo careers. Moore performs with “Bluegrass Etc.” and Berline fronts “The Byron Berline Band” with John Hickman on banjo. Berline and Hickman now live in Oklahoma.
- 2003, re-united to record and perform again on a part-time basis.