THE VILLAGE SINGERS
- From Fredericktown, Missouri.
- Originally called “The Gospel Tones.” Formed in 1972 by Harold and Kathy Goad.
- 1985, changed name to the Village Singers.
- Heavily influenced by the style of the Chuck Wagon Gang.
- Harold (banjo and guitar) formerly performed regularly at Silver Dollar City in Branson. Wife Kathy plays mandolin. Their son Warren plays guitar and sings bass.
- Bass player Shirley Vaughn, formerly with a group called Parker Mountain Bluegrass is from Springdale, Arkansas.
- 1999, released There’s a Great Day Coming album (Pinecastle).
- 2001, released All Aboard album (Pinecastle).
- 2010, released He Put the Color in the Rose album (Pinecastle).