THE TRADITIONAL GRASS
- From Middletown, Ohio.
- Led by the late fiddler and radio personality Paul “Moon” Mullins. Other members: Mark Rader (guitar), Joe Mullins (banjo), Gerald Evans, Jr. (mandolin) and Mike Clevenger (bass.)
- Formed in December of 1983, disbanded in 1995 (last show: September 17, 1995).
- Paul Mullins was the band’s direct link with tradition. In the 1950’s he played fiddle with the Stanley Brothers. He later formed the Boys from Indiana. As a popular radio personality (AKA “Moon Mullins”) He hosted a bluegrass radio program on WPFB in Middletown for more than 20 years. He won the IBMA award for Broadcaster of the Year in 2000.
- Since the band’s breakup, Joe Mullins has performed with Longview and with his own band Joe Mullins and the Radio Ramblers. He continues his father’s broadcasting legacy on several Ohio radio stations.
- The Blues Are Still the Blues (Rebel, 2015) A nice collection from the Rebel archives.
- Songs of Love & Life (Rebel, 1995)
- Just A Five String & Fiddle (Rebel, 1995) Gerald Evans and Joe Mullins instrumental album.
- I Believe in Old-Time Way (Rebel, 1993)
- 10th Anniversary Collection (Rebel, 1993)
- Howdy Neighbor Howdy (Rebel, 1992)