THE STEVENS SISTERS (BETH AND APRIL)
- From Hampton, Tennessee.
- Since they were children (Beth was 12, April was 8) they have been performing with their parents, Douglas and Betty Stevens as The Stevens Family.
- 1996, released Sisters album (Rounder) and sang on the Grand Ole Opry for the first time.
- Beth previously worked with the East Tennessee State University Bluegrass Band, which included Adam Steffey, Barry Bales and Tim Stafford (1988).
- Beth has a master’s degree in psychology (ETSU). She is a teacher when she’s not performing.
- 1997, performed in Holland on New Year’s Eve with the National Symphony Orchestra, broadcast on national television.
- 2002, performed and recorded with Dolly Parton on her album “Halos and Horns.”
- 2005, April married and decided to stop touring.
- 2007, Beth formed her own band Beth Stevens and Edge. Her father plays guitar. Other members include Gary Laws (bass), Matt Leadbetter (resonator guitar), Chase Johner (mandolin.)