SONGS FROM THE ROAD BAND
- From Asheville, North Carolina.
- A project band formed by bass player and songwriter Charles R. Humphrey III of the Steep Canyon Rangers.
- Musicians have included Nicky Sanders (fiddle), Andy Thorn (banjo), Mark Shimick (mandolin), John Stickley (guitar), Sam Wharton (lead guitar). They are all members of other bands: The Steep Canyon Rangers, Shannan Whitworth and the Refugees, Larry Keel and Natural Bridge, The Emmitt-Nershi Band, Town Mountain, The Grit Pixies, Big Fat Gap, The Super Grit Cowboys and others.
- 2006, recorded first album “Songs from the Road” (Lucks Dumpy Toad Records).
- 2008, released second album As the Crow Flies (Lucks Dumpy Toad Records).
- 2015, released third album “Traveling Show” (Lucks Dumpy Toad Records).