- From Temple, Texas.
- 1955 to 1963, played banjo with a Dallas group called the Country Cutups.
- 1965 to 1968, lived in Oklahoma City and played in various ensembles with Byron Berline, Bobby Clark, Vince Gill, David Ferguson, Buck White, Alan Munde, Johnny Sanders and other area musicians.
- Alan Munde credits Eddie as a major influence on his playing.
- 1968, Lester Flatt invited Eddie to replace Earl Scruggs when Lester and Earl split up. Turned it down.
- Performed for several years with Leon Valley Bluegrass, a band from Copperas Cove, Texas.
- 1977, released Expedition album (Ridge Runner).
- Died December 31, 1999.