NASH STREET (HANALENA)
- From Starkville, Mississippi.
- Formed in 1996 as a kid band called The Goat Ropers. The group featured the vocals of sisters Hannah and Caroline Melby.
- 2001, changed their name to Nash Street, the name of the street they grew up on.
- Members: Daniel Hare (bass), Hannah Melby (fiddle), Caroline Melby (mandolin), Clay Lezon (guitar), and Jason Graham (guitar).
- 2007, recorded first album Carry on (no label), dedicated to the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- 2008, won the Colgate Country Showdown, hosted by Leann Rhimes at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville.
- 2010, the group moved to Nashville and released Between Hope and Heartache album (no label).
- 2013, the name of the band was changed to Hanalena, which is the name of the sisters’ flower business in Starkville. They released HanaLena, a 5-song album (no label).