THE MCPEAK BROTHERS
- From Wytheville, Virginia.
- Original band formed in 1963, with Udell, Larry and Dewey McPeak. Udell dropped out in 1966 and the youngest McPeak brother, Michael took his place.
- 1974, discovered by country music star Mel Tillis, who arranged for them to record an album called “Bluegrass at its Peak” on RCA Records.
- 1993, after several years of inactivity, the McPeak Brothers came out of retirement. They recorded “You Won’t Ever Forget Me” album (no label) and began performing again.
- 1996, released Pathway to Heaven album (Copper Creek).
- 1997, released Acoustic Masterpiece album (Major).
- 1998, Larry McPeak formed The VW Boys with Tim White and Dave Vaught.
- 2009, Udell passed away..
- 2014, Larry died after a long illness.
- 2014, Michael’s son Adam (age 17) formed a new band called Adam McPeak and Mountain Thunder. Adam plays mandolin.