- From Pikeville, Kentucky (lives in Nashville.)
- Began her professional music career as a teenager singing with the Wilburn Brothers. Her name was Patricia Ramey at the time. She married the Wilburn’s drummer, Terry Loveless upon graduation from high school.
- Had dozens of #1 country hits including “You Can Feel Bad (If It Makes You Feel Better),” “How Can I Help You Say Goodbye,” etc.
- 1988, became a member of the Grand Ole Opry.
- As of 2001, has won 19 CMA Awards including the Horizon Award (twice), Female Vocalist of the Year (seven times), Album of the Year (four times), Single of the Year (three times), Vocal Event of the Year (four times).
- 2001, recorded her first bluegrass album Mountain Soul and appeared on the Down from the Mountain tour with many bluegrass and traditional artists.
- 2002, co-hosted (with Ricky Skaggs) the IBMA Awards Show.
- 2009, released Mountain Soul II (Saguaro Road).
- 2010, released Christmas album Bluegrass & White Snow: A Mountain Christmas (Saguaro Road).
- 2011, won the Bluegrass Grammy for Mountain Soul II.