THE LAUREL CANYON RAMBLERS
- From Los Angeles, California.
- Formed in 1994 by Herb Pedersen and Bill Bryson (who worked together in the Desert Rose Band). Released first album Rambler’s Blues on Sugar Hill Records.
- Other original members: Billy Ray Lathum (guitar), Kenny Blackwell (mandolin) and Byron Berline (fiddle). Lathum was replaced by Roger Reed. Berline by Dennis Fetchet, then Gabe Witcher. Bobby Hicks also played a few dates with this band.
- Laurel Canyon is an actual canyon in the Los Angeles area. Laurel Canyon Blvd. is a major thoroughfare in the San Fernando Valley.
- Mandolinist Kenny Blackwell actually drives a Rambler (an early 60’s Ambassador station wagon).
- 1996, released Blue Rambler 2 album (Sugar Hill.)
- 1996, Roger Reed (guitar) cut a finger off his left hand with a power saw one month after he joined the band. He continued to perform with Bruce Johnson playing guitar while Reed sang his vocal parts. Eventually he was able to play guitar again.
- 1998, released Back On The Street Again album (Sugar Hill).
- After Blackwell moved from the area, Pedersen formed a new bluegrass band with Bryson called Loafer’s Glory.”