- From Hollywood, California.
- He also goes by the name Jon David Kahn.
- He is not the same John Kahn who played bass with Old and In the Way (and the Grateful Dead).
- He is a screenwriter and country musician who has worked in the Hollywood film industry. His credits include a film called “The Chili Con Carne Club” and the movie “Girl” which was released in 1998.
- He also has a country band called The Color Green, with three albums to their credit.
- 2009, he wrote a song called “American Heart” which became an anthem embraced by the conservative wing of the Republican party (The Tea Party Movement). To protect his identity, he changed his name to Jon David.
- 2016, after performing the song in Washington D.C. with The Blinky Moon Boys, he decided to release a bluegrass version of it (produced by Aaron Ramsey at Mountain Fever Studios).