BILL HALL (AND NORTHWIND BLUEGRASS)
- From North Scituate, Rhode Island.
- Full name: Roger William Hall.
- Played banjo in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s with the Lilly Brothers, Joe Val and the New England Bluegrass Boys and other New England bands. Also had his own group, Bill Hall and the Northwind Bluegrass.
- Was also a prolific songwriter with more than 100 songs to his credit.
- 1984, released “In the Shadow of the Pines” album on Old Homestead Records.
- Was recognized by the International Bluegrass Music Museum as one of the 200 original pioneers of bluegrass music.
- Died in 2010 in a farming accident.