THE EASTER BROTHERS
- From Mount Airy, North Carolina.
- Includes three brothers: James, Russell and Ed.
- One of the first full-time bluegrass gospel groups. Started out as the “The Green Valley Quartet” and later changed name to the Easter Brothers.
- Made first recordings in 1961 for King Records. Carlton Haney arranged the session and the band included Don Reno, Allan Mills and Mac Magaha.
- During the 1960’s they frequently appeared with Don Reno and Red Smiley.
- 1979, they became a full-time touring group.
- James, Russell and Ed still perform together, joined by two of their sons, Jared and Russell, Jr.