THE CUMBERLAND HIGHLANDERS
- From Rosine, Kentucky (Bill Monroe’s birthplace).
- Called “America’s Mountain Music Show.”
- Formed in 1986 by Campbell Mercer (who now serves as Executive Director of the Jerusalem Ridge Bluegrass Music Association, overseeing Bill Monroe’s restored homeplace in Rosine.)
- The band includes four former members of Bill Monroe’s Blue Grass Boys (Wayne Lewis, Tater Tate, Billy Rose, Jimmy Campbell).
- Host a weekly TV show on the cable RFD-TV Channel.
- 2000, released Cumberland Mountain Home album with a guest appearance by Dr. Ralph Stanley (Rural Rhythm).