RAY CARDWELL AND TENNESSEE MOON
- From Springfield, Missouri.
- 1975, began singing with his family band The Cardwell Family (with his sisters Nancy and Susan). Nancy Cardwell is the former executive director of the IBMA.
- 1980’s, performed rock and reggae music, singing lead, playing keyboards and saxophone. Spent some time in Hollywood. Had a Missouri band called Resonance.
- 1992, returned to bluegrass with a group called Slick Nickel.
- 1994, joined the gospel group New Tradition. Moved to Nashville.
- 1996, returned to Springfield to spend time with his family and to pursue a degree in music education. Became a band and choral director, leading his students to win several national competitions. While teaching he also played with a rock/pop/reggae band called Squigglefish.
- 2016, moved to Nashville and formed a new bluegrass/newgrass band called Tennessee Moon.
- 2016, released Tennessee Moon album (Pinecastle).