- From Syracuse, New York.
- Formed in 1972 by Martha Trachtenberg (guitar), Nancy Josephson (bass), Susie Monick (banjo), Carol Siegel (mandolin) and Sue Raines (fiddle).
- They are considered to be the first all-female bluegrass band in history.
- They originally called themselves the Buffalo Chips, but Carlton Haney changed their name to Buffalo Gals when he booked them on his festival.
- 1975, released their only album “First Born” (Revonah).
- Susie Monick was Tony Trischka’s first banjo student.