- From Elizabethton, Tennessee.
- Learned fiddle at age 4. Taught by Benny Sims and David Yates.
- 2001, joined Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver at age 17. Was invited to join Doyle Lawson’s band when he was in the 8th grade but waited until he had his high school diploma. Stayed with Doyle for 9 months.
- 2002, joined Rhonda Vincent and the Rage.
- Has been a final nominee for the IBMA Fiddle Player of the Year award, and has been a multiple winner of the SPBGMA Fiddle Player of the Year award.
- 2007, released solo project “Wow, Baby.”
- 2010, married Sally Sandker, Rhonda Vincent’s daughter.