THE BASS MOUNTAIN BOYS
- From Burlington, North Carolina.
- Formed in 1974.
- Band members: Mike Wilson (guitar), Mike Aldridge (mandolin), Mike Street (bass), Johnny Ridge (fiddle, guitar) and Steve Dilling (banjo, guitar). Jim Mills also played banjo with this group.
- They released several albums including “Carolina Calling Me,” “Love of a Woman,” “My God Made It All” and “A Beautiful Life.
- For many years they hosted two bluegrass festivals each year on Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend at Bass Mountain Music Park in Burlington (owned by former bass player, John Maness).
- They broke up in 1996.
- 2008, they did a reunion performance