THE BAKER BOYS
- From Martinsville, Indiana.
- Features brothers Jessie (banjo) and Taylor (mandolin) Baker. Taylor is 2 years older than Jessie.
- Began performing in 2002 as youngsters, age 12 and 14. Mom and dad, Anna and David, performed with the boys on bass and guitar.
- They won several band competitions and performed regularly at festivals like Bean Blossom and Ralph Stanley’s Memorial Weekend Bluegrass Festival in Coeburn, VA.
- 2006, performed at the Grand Ole Opry with Mike Snider.
- 2007, at age 16 Jessie began his career working as a sideman with other top bluegrass bands (see Jessie Baker).
- 2008, The Baker Boys released their only CD on Patuxent Records.