- From Elkhorn City, Kentucky.
- Adkins began performing at age 8. Spent two years playing country music at Dollywood theme park. Fans call him the Ray Charles of bluegrass (for his soulful singing). Plays guitar.
- 2011, formed Republik Steele with Kenny O’Quinn (mandolin), Danny Ray Stiltner (bass), Matthew Cruby (banjo), Wesley Wolfe (lead guitar). Band name was a tribute to miners. Several of the band members’ fathers & grandfathers worked for Republic Steel, a large mining company.
- 2013, released first project That’s Just The Way I Roll for Rural Rhythm Records.
- 2013, his band Republik Steele dissolved and he formed a new partnership with Edgar Loudermilk — Adkins and Loudermilk.
- 2014, released first solo project Nothing To Lose on Mountain Fever Records.