- From Elkhorn City, Kentucky.
- Adkins began performing at age 8. Spent two years playing country music at Dollywood theme park. Fans call him the Ray Charles of bluegrass (for his soulful singing). Moved to Nashville and was signed by Atlantic Records, but no recordings were ever released.
- 2011, formed Republik Steele with Kenny O’Quinn (mandolin), Danny Ray Stiltner (bass), Matthew Cruby (banjo), Wesley Wolfe (lead guitar). Band name was a tribute to miners. Several of the band members’ fathers & grandfathers worked for Republic Steel, a large mining company.
- 2013, released first project That’s Just The Way I Roll (Rural Rhythm).
- 2013, his band Republik Steele dissolved and he formed a new partnership with Edgar Loudermilk — Adkins and Loudermilk.
- 2014, released first solo project Nothing To Lose (Mountain Fever).
- 2017, released gospel album Turn to Jesus (Mountain Fever) as The Dave Adkins Trio.