- From Ventura, California.
- Led by fiddler Phil Salazar (who also worked with the Cache Valley Drifters and other bands around Southern California.)
- Formed in 1989.
- Performed originally as The Phil Salazar Band (1983-1989).
- Featured the twin fiddles of Salazar and Charlann Gastineau, both champion fiddlers.
- 1992, recorded “Down at Evangelina’s” CD.
- This group broke up in 1995 but Salazar has continued to perform with variations of this band, including The Rincon Ramblers, Phil Salazar and the Kinfolk and other configurations. He has also worked with John McEwen and Bob Weir (of the Grateful Dead).